Monday, July 22, 2013

The Wedding Diet







In life we all have our little ways and processes of doing things. Some of us make great big 'to do' lists, charts, graphs...whatever will make things just a little bit easier and more organised. I do try this. If you were to look in my handbag or iPhone you'd see numerous lists of things I MUST DO NOW...but then didn't. Basically my point is I do not do anything the easy way or help myself in any fashion. If there's a hard way to do something that's exactly how I end up doing it.

My wedding planning has been no exception.

Through a combination of events and circumstance I now find myself 5 month's from 'I do' and just thrown into the mix...I'm yet again doing an international move! For those who stumble across this little blog in it's infancy that don't know, my life has consisted of the following:

Age 0 - 12 I lived in Scotland. Born and raised and I thought where I would live forever.
Age 12 - 14 I lived in California where I was happy and just...yes happy. I loved it there. Everything was good for me and for our family
Age 14 - 15 I lived in North Carolina....the dark times of my life. My brother was ill and in hospital, I felt alone lots of the time and...it just wasn't a very good time.
Age 15 - 16 I was back in Scotland. This was okay because I had a boyfriend (my now husband to be) and lots of new friends and was happy for a while.
Age 16 - present I have lived in Australia. It wasn't my decision to come here and now looking back I suppose I...am glad I came here to have the experience but I do miss Scotland, as does my fiance so as we start our new life together we've decided to make a new start.

Right now my life is hectic. I have uni, wedding planning, moving planning, I'm now unemployed which isn't great...and I'm dieting!

Dieting sucks at any time but when you're dieting for your wedding the pressure valve is ramped up to 11. Everyone has all these expectations of you and no one more so than yourself.

I had been doing the weight loss thing the "healthy" way...EG 1200 calories a day, exercising...boring! and the weight was just dripping off slowly so I will admit I did lose my mind for a minute and try a fad diet. I feel comfortable now saying it is a fad diet because I did try it as did my mum and for the 3 days we struggled through "The Juice Master" we were exhausted, cold, irritable, hungry...not very nice to be around really and spent our lives either juicing or cleaning up the mess from the juicing.

I fell off the horse in the end and decided I needed FOOD so since then I've been exercising for an hour a day and exercising and this week I've lost 2.5kg/5.51 lbs/ 0.39 stone...which is okay. So obviously the healthy balanced eating and exercise is working.

Either that or I'm stressing myself thin...whatever works...


No comments:

Post a Comment